Elect Socorro Cisneros
California Assembly, District 33
I'm Socorro, a retired union worker, a mother, and a concerned citizen living in the High Desert region of AD33. I've been involved in the community for years, not only as a parent to students in the Snowline School District, but as Democratic activist. I've seen the greatness our community has to offer - hard-working families, students ready for what the world has to offer, citizens engaged in our community and working to make it better.
But I also see the struggles in our community. Good-paying jobs are in high demand, but opportunities are limited. Health care costs are soaring and medical facility choices are few. Our students don't have higher education opportunities to look forward to without leaving our community altogether. Our poorest neighbors are falling through the cracks, and we can't continue to leave them behind.
I want to work for you, my neighbors, because when you hurt, I hurt. I want to show Sacramento how strong we are and can be, and I want to push our legislators to create policies that help grow our community and create better opportunities for the hard-working people of Assembly District 33.
Criminal Justice Reform
I believe in a full-circle approach to reducing crime in our community and keeping families strong and united. This starts with a focus on education from an early age, rehabilitation to reduce recidivism, ending for-profit prisons, and release & reducing sentences for marijuana offenders.
Our community's growth starts with educational opportunities, from pre-school to adulthood with increased preschool & head start availability to holding charter schools accountable, increasing skilled trade apprenticeship opportunities, and opening a 4-year university.
Our community is deeply affected by the cost of and access to healthcare. Our community needs a major medical center right here in the High Desert, equipped to handle major trauma. I also believe that judgment isn't for us, and that women should have the right to choose.
Poverty & Job Creation
I want to incentivize contractors to hire from within our community, partner with trade unions to bring apprenticeship, job training, and placement programs to our community, and fight for net neutrality to protect small business, employment, and education.
Environment & Natural Resources
Our community is rich in natural resources and beauty. We have a responsibility to protect the wildlife that makes our community unique. This starts with protecting our water from those who seek to profit off of it, encourage eco-tourism, and keeping oil money out of politics.
Campaign Finance Reform
As a grassroots candidate, your trust is everything to me. I want my constituents to have complete confidence that they are at the center of my work as a legislator, and that starts with rejecting corporate money and fighting for campaign spending limits.
- Teamsters Local 1932 San Bernardino
- Riverside Building Trades Council
- AFL-CIO Communication Workers of America (CWA), Southern California Council
- The International Longshore & Warehouse Union, Southern California District Council
- Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties
- Chicano Latino Caucus of San Bernardino County
- California Young Democrats Inland Empire Region
- San Bernardino County Young Democrats
- High Desert Young Democrats
- Democratic Club of Big Bear Valley
- Tri-Community Democratic Club
- Mojave Desert Democratic Club
INDIVIDUALS & ELECTED LEADERS
- Dolores Huerta, American Labor Leader
- Natalie Brown, High Desert Young Democrats Chair
- Eddie Tejeda
- Maria Chapa
- Gloria Michel
- Fernando Hernandez
- Julie Frost, Political/Educational Consultant
- Jennifer Foy, Vice-Chair Tri-Community Democratic Club
- Stephanie Dalbeck
- Resa Barillas, California Young Democrats Inland Empire Regional Director